When attending literature classes, you might at some point be instructed to write about the novel “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelly’s. It is a combination of genres and themes all buried under an intriguing story. This guide, therefore, provides some of the topics you can use and some ideas for inspiration and coming up with your own topics.
How to Select the Best Frankenstein Essay Topic? Here Is How
The thing is that the process of selecting any essay topic is similar. The only difference in this particular case is that you are limited to one specific piece of literature. However, there is a gold mine hidden in the pages of the novel when it comes to themes, symbolism and other elements of the literature you can use when deciding on a topic. So what should you consider if you want to select a good Frankenstein essay topic?
You should choose a topic that corresponds to your analytical skills. Experts can opt to go for complex topics and still manage to deal with them perfectly. If you choose a topic according to your level of expertise, you avoid getting stuck or encountering many difficulties working on your essay.
Try to select a unique topic. At the same time, when you are not limited to a specific work of literature, still try to be creative in the process of topic selection. Try to find an interesting aspect of the novel that has not been explored by many students.
Is It Manageable?
Figure out whether the topic you intend to choose is extensive, that is, before writing, make sure that there is what to write about on the given topic. Also, narrow down too broad subjects to evade writing too much information.
Trigger Your Creativity with This List of Frankenstein Essay Topics
Here are some essay topics to consider:
- Discuss loneliness in the novel “Frankenstein”
- Analyze the nature of betrayal in the novel “Frankenstein”
- Discuss any romantic elements in “Frankenstein”
- Analyze how the role of women is portrayed in the novel “Frankenstein”
- Compare the monster in “Frankenstein” and his creator in their relationships with the nature and desire for a family
- Discuss the comparison between Victor and Prometheus in the novel “Frankenstein”
- Discuss what ethical issues might arise in modern society because of Victor using animal parts for his research
- Analyze the theme of compassion in the novel “Frankenstein”
Sample Frankenstein Essay Questions
Numerous questions can be asked from the novel. Some of them include:
- Who is the real monster in Mary Shelly’s “Frankenstein”?
- Why was Frankenstein’s monster never given a name?
- Does Frankenstein deserve the honors of being called a masterpiece?
- What is the main message of Frankenstein?
- What are the literary devices used to create the image of the main character?
- What is the role of society according in the novel “Frankenstein”?
- Why is Mary Shelley’s novel “Frankenstein” also called “The Modern Prometheus”?
Examples of Frankenstein Essay Prompts Derived From the Novel
Essay prompts from the novel can emerge from a wide range of aspects. Here are some of the prompts:
- Science is portrayed in a bad light in the novel “Frankenstein”. The author implies that the direction that the civilization moves in is determined by what it understands about power. Analyze this statement in relation to the current society.
- Throughout Frankenstein, the weather is used to symbolize the mood of writing or the experience of a character. Identify at least three examples of how weather reflects the narrative and explain the connection.
- Frankenstein is highlighted as the modern Prometheus. Research the story of Prometheus and explain how Mary Shelly adapted the myth to her novel. Put an emphasis on the fire and light.
Finally We Have Some Frankenstein Essay Ideas You Can Use
The following are some ideas of what you can write about:
- Fear of industrialization and science.
- Mental illnesses.
- The theme of the “unwanted child”.
- The juxtaposition of nature and science.
- The lacking role of women in the novel.
- Gothic theme.
- The class systems in the novel.
Still Have No Idea What to Write About? Get Expert Help
Are you still out of ideas on the topic for your Frankenstein essay? You can get professional essay help here. We provide expert writing services. Contact us and get quality custom papers from our experts at affordable prices. Contact us today!